Monday 8 July 2013

A Bit Of This, And A Little Bit Of That...

Last week has been a bit of post out, post in type week, firstly, cool post in were these delicious 4 blocks from the lovely Lynz @ Domestic Light and Magic, aren't they stunning!
Thx for my blocks @ochil_lynz you're a super star! 6 down, only 318 to go!!
Lynz is a total superstar, and after posting my original 2 blocks on Instagram last week, she very kindly offered to make me a few to help me out.  Now I can't offer her my first born (her Dad wouldn't like it), but what a kind thing to do, whilst asking nothing in return.  I'm reminded once again what a terrific community I am part of, thank you Lynz you are lovely, your kindness has not gone unappreciated.
Blogged
So now I have 318 more to do for a Super Kingsize bed quilt, I think I'll leave it a couple more weeks until after I've been on my jaunt to London, as I have a few other jobs to do.

And on that note, the name tag I made for my secret partner has arrived at it's new home.
my name badge for the retreat
Sarah at Guerilla Embroidery is the new owner of this tag, and as an embroidery expert (check out her Flickr photostream), it did mean I avoided like the plague, any embroidery on the tag, hence the splotchy printing of her name!  Sarah seems pretty happy with it, but I admit it was a bit of a shot in the dark from one of her Flickr favourites!

And finally, one of my fabulous bloggy friends, Karen @ Quilty Creations, has a little linky party over on her page, for a Something Old, Something New Challenge:


It's a fabulous idea, you can showcase a project where you have:
  • made an item from vintage fabric
  • repurposed something in your home for the sewing room/space
  • given something a new lease of life by transforming it into something new.
You are not limited to one entry, the more thrifty posts the better!
International entries are welcome.

I have linked up my Hexy Quilt as it has some vintage and recycled materials in, and there are some great entries- and a whisper of a giveaway, and we all love a giveaway, right? :o)

Ok, off to get some more FQR prep done, as time is running very short!

Ange x


7 comments:

  1. I told ya you'd like her;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks! It's going to be a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your LC is going to be brilliant - when it is eventually done. And your name tag is inspired. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to love Lynz - and great name tag xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the nametag you made. Did you stamp the name on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely name tag! I think I may make friends with Lynz, she sounds a generous soul, I may just drop a few hints of things I need help with ;-)))

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments, so go ahead, say something, it really makes my day.......