Sunday 7 July 2013

Queen Bee, and Lucky Ducky New Projects...

It's been a busy week with starting new bits and pieces for my must do's for July.  I've started putting together the sewing kits for FQR swap, and this is the block for the first one, I'm thinking 3 different ones for variety:
Block for front of sewing kit, for @fatquarterly swap. 2 more to make. :-)

And in preparation for my month (August) as Queen Bee for Simply Solids, I've been putting together my chosen, tester block.  It comes together quickly, and I think a whole load together should give a nice effect, they're all random width pieces, good for stash busting.
Simply Solids August Block, finished.

And I've been rather lucky, and won a giveaway of a Pink Chalk Fabrics voucher with Clover and Violet.  Unusually, I didn't choose to get fabric (shocking I know), so I decided to get 2 patterns I have been hankering after for a while, including the Single Girl Quilt Pattern by the fabulous Denyse Schmidt:
Denyse Schmidt Quilts Single Girl

and the Washi Dress, Made By Rae pattern
Made By Rae Washi Dress - Downloadable Pattern
These are future projects, September onwards, when I get a little time....

Ange x

12 comments:

  1. Well done on the win. How did you resist fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best get on with the washi dress, summer is here!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to make your block for the bee :) And great idea getting patterns - customs may not even notice when the parcel comes through :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your win .......love your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on winning! I like the new blog header too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new header Ange :) The sewing kits look great and I love the look of your solids block. Can't believe how quickly retreat is coming! And a Washi in September sounds like a great idea! Sx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you! Love the new header and the solids block :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Simply Solids block - you will definitely get a stunning quilt with that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you! I really don't know how you managed to resist the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your solids block is lovely, and I love the quilt pattern and Washi x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments, so go ahead, say something, it really makes my day.......