Sunday 17 November 2013

ABC.....

At the end of my missing sewjo time I started to do a bit of embroidery, when I couldn't remove myself from the sofa to the sewing machine.   In order to feel a bit more useful I decided to do an alphabet for a baby quilt, inspired by this fabulous book from Kristyne Czepuryk:

As I didn't know at the time whether I was having a baby boy or girl I decided to make a less girly, more unisex version, and I replaced a few of the letters with other embroideries that seemed a bit more British appropriate, including Bus for B (using the fab Aneela Hoey's pattern from Little Stitches), and Teapot for T (also Aneela's), amongst others.
There are some really cute embroidery blocks in here.

So, now all of the letters are finished, and I just need to decide on fabric to sash it with (I'm thinking these polka dots, which i love!), although I have a little plan for a special embroidery block for the centre first- I just need to put it into action....

Alphabet embroidery layout, with lots of polka dots, yum!
Ange x

19 comments:

  1. The embroideries are lovely, Ange, well done you! And the polkadots suit them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - that was fast. I am slowly doing one block at a time and am only up to I - is going to take me a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely wouldn't say you'd lost your sewjo! They're beautiful and your stitching is lovely. Maybe just your machine sewjo was taking a holiday!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the dots! You've reminded me i must start mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is going to be so cute! What a great idea for when you are relaxing on the sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, that is a labour of love! so tiny and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely stitching Ange :) Great polka dots too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and I love them with the dots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeez, even your sofatime was productive!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If thats what happens when you lose your sewjo, I'm not sure that I'd be able to keep up with you at full speed!!!!! It's going to be a beautiful quilt, lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely! so much patience and work goes into little embroidery blocks like that, i'm very impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've done good. All those embroideries are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is going to be a really cute quilt Ange - and how speedy are you with the embroidery needle?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. "At the time" suggests you know what you're having... spill!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are absolutely gorgeous, lucky lucky baby. And, those polkas dots….it will be perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice! What was originally for 'b' and 't' then? I thought 't' was always for tea lol

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments, so go ahead, say something, it really makes my day.......